Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Comes a time

Maybe it's especially noticeable right now, days before our son makes his way into the world, but I think pregnancy brings out a fine-tuned bullshit detector and way less patience for that bullshit once you come across it. You read the news and get even more pissed off at all the nastiness, more outraged by thoughtless behavior, more aware of who your real friends are because the rest sort of fall away somehow. Next to this acute impatience, though, is overwhelming gratitude for the simplest kindnesses. Everything comes into focus. 

...and yes, I'm totally high on hormones. 


2 comments:

famapa said...

you're so right! I have a finely tuned bullshit detector as it is anyway, and just recently it's kicked up a gear... I've also experienced pregnancy brain recently, which has been quite a shock! have you had it? I'm mixing all my words, forgetting how old I am and have really slow reactions... but that might just be me!

lovely clock pic!

Lisa said...

Just in time! I hope you have a blissful birth experience. It is an amazing thing that is about to happen and I hope it wonderful in every sense of the word.